Blicci 2004 News
10 December - Blicci's What's Up Doc on the way to his championship
Tigger winning his first major at the Worcester County Kennel Club under judge Barbara Keenan
"Tigger", owned by Barbara Bartol, Jasione Papillons in Maine, USA, is close to following in the footsteps of his full brothers and sister "Chip", "Tip" and "Sunny". He now has 12 points, of which two majors from shows in Worcester, Massachusetts on Nov. 27 and Boston last weekend. Way to go, Tigger and Barbara, and handler Tony Raposo!
27 November - Ch Blicci's Nougat Wonder writes breed history: First Phalene Progeny Group in Denmark
At the Papillon Club Show in Aalborg, judged by breed specialist David Roe, Sunshoo Papillons in England (18 phalene entries), Nougat could enter his first progeny group with prize of honour - an accomplishment indeed in the phalene breed. The group consisted of:
- Thygesminde's Joachim, bred by Inge & Bendt Christensen, owned by Anette B. Christensen. Joachim was best male No. 3 in breed and was awarded his 2nd CAC
- Ch Thygesminde's Julia, bred by Inge & Bendt Christensen, owned by Marita Lindfors and Annelise Pedersen. Julia was best female and BOS in breed
- Ch Haremet's Taste Of Nougat, bred by Inger Yaglikcilar, owned by Petra Lindl÷f. Emma was best female No. 2 in breed
- Thygesminde's LŠrke, bred by Inge & Bendt Christensen, owned by Henrik & Birthe Larsen. It was LŠrke's very first show and she did well for her debut
Nougat himself was best male No. 2 in breed and Best Senior. Congratulations and thanks to his owners Inge & Bendt Christensen!
13-14 November - "Chip" was double BOB in Kortrijk, Belgium
- Ch Bliccis U Are My Universe visited Belgium for the first time and had a smashing show weekend. Saturday at the International Eurodogshow, he went Best of Breed with CAC and CACIB under breed specialist Mrs. Erika Bolt from Switzerland. In the finals, Chip won the Belgium Breeds Best in Show!
- On Sunday at the Clubmatch of Royal Club of Griffons, Brabrancons and Continental Toyspaniels, Chip went BOB again with CAC under breed specialist Mrs. Kitty Sjong from Denmark, and on top of it all he went Best in Show No. 2!
9-10 October - Successful show weekend for the Bliccis Our sincere congrats to all
- Ch Bliccis Upside Down U Turn Me, top papillon in the US show rings owned by Christine Robichaud, took two Toy Group wins at the Penobscot Valley KC shows in Bangor, Maine
- Bliccis All The Jam, handsome young phalene boy living in Canada with Erin Hennaert, took his first point.
- Blicci's Typhoon Tracy, owned by Marita ThorÚn in Stockholm, Sweden, took her 2nd Swedish CAC and went Best female No. 2 at the international show in Sundsvall on Sunday. Judge was Mrs. Marie Hamill from Ireland.
- Blicci's After Eight, owned by Birgitte Cardoletti, Espelette in France, took a major step towards her French championship at her very first entry old enough to compete for the CAC. At the National d'╔levage in Orleans, "Angel" took CAC and went best female in breed. No wonder Brigitte is in could nine and we too!
To become a French champion, a dog must win 3 CACs awarded by 3 different judges, like in Denmark, but a difference that makes it harder in France is that one of the CAC's must be won at either the Championnat de France or the breed club's National d'╔levage. As these shows are only held once a year, it is obvious that there are not many French champions. The CAC is given in two size categories, over and under 2.5 kg, so this makes a number of maximum 4 papillon champions of each sex to be finished every year in the whole country!
18 September - Nougat is Copenhagen Winner!
DKCH DCHKLB DCHVDH KLBCH SCH Bridge Winner 2002 KLBV02 KLBV03 Blicci's Nougat Wonder can now add one more title to his name at 8 years of age: Copenhagen Winner 2004. Nougat was best phalene male and BOS at the Copenhagen Winner International show in Ballerup. Congrats to his owners Inge & Bendt Christensen.
Our papillon boy DKCH Blicci's U Are My Universe was shown for the first time after getting his title and he did very well, going best male No. 2 in breed.
Judge was breed specialist Mrs. Kitty Sjong.
24 July - Chip is now a Champ!
We are proud to announce another Blicci bred champion - Danish Champion Blicci's U Are My Universe. He is the 6th champion offspring of our wonderful brood Nina Ricci. Chip's sire is Ch Silenzio's Robin Hood.
Chip was handled to his title by Sven and they are here pictured with judge Mrs. Monique van Brempt from Belgium who gave him his third CAC at the Papillon Club Specialty in Hadsten.
Star back in the show ring for a nice win
After whelping a litter and earning her Master Agility Champion title, USACH MACH Blicci's Sandra Dee AAD EAC OGC EJC CGC made a smashing comeback to the show ring at the Twin Brooks Kennel Club, New Jersey on July 11, where she went BOB over 3 other champions. Handled by Andrea as always. The judge was Mr. Victor Joris. Congratulations!
Summer in Denmark - and bye bye to you, little Boomer....
Blicci's Bang-A-Boomerang has left to live with his new owner Sharon Henley, Winsome Italian Greyhounds in North Carolina, USA. We wish both of them good luck in the future!
Star is now MACH, Master Agility Champion!
Congratulations, Andrea - you have done an incredible job with Star!
Star is the first imported papillon in USA to have a breed and agility champion title
We proudly present two of our winning "grandchildren":
New USA champion, StarStruck Moonstruck, puppy of USACH MACH Blicci's Sandra Dee AAD EAC OGC OJC CGC. The sire is USA champion En-La's Bravissimo. "Cher" is bred by Andrea Samuels. New Canadian champion, Diamondsun's Tommy Boy, puppy of Canadian champion Blicci's U Are My Sunshine. The sire is Canadian USA champion Maleko Rykor von Tiamo. "Tommy" is bred by Karen MacPhee.
20 May - Match show at the "Bakken"
We had a great day at the show, which is held every year on Ascension Day in Denmark's oldest amusement park, the "Bakken" outside Copenhagen. Best of breed, papillon was our little Blicci's Waikiki Tiki, and best of breed phalene was our new import from Aune Pirkkalainen in Finland, Tairon Magic Of Colors - "Frisky". Thank you Aune, for this friendly and happy guy.
Jam at 7 months
13 May - Blicci's All The Jam exported to Canada
Our phalene boy Jam - litter brother to Jazz - has moved to Canada to live with Erin Hennaert, Cornsilk Papillons (& Phalenes!). We wish him all the best of luck in his new home!
1 May - Nougat son takes his first CAC
At the Danish Kennel Club's international show in Helsing°r, the very elegant young phalene male Thygesminde's Joachim took best male No. 2 and his first CAC. We are pleased to annonce this, since Joachim is a son of Ch Blicci's Nougat Wonder. Congratulations to Joachim's owner Anette Christensen and breeder Inge Christensen. Way to go!
23 February - Jazz has moved to USA
Blicci's All That Jazz has moved to Kentucky to live with Rob and Julianne Wilson and their horses & greater Swiss mountain dogs & 1 papillon & 1 phalene. We are sure he will enjoy the life on the Shamrock Farms!
Julianne with "Sugar",
Candella How Sweet It Is
15 February - Double CAC's at Odense International Show
At the Danish Kennel Club's international show, Blicci's kennel got both papillon CAC's. Dog CAC to Chip, Blicci's U Are My Universe, and bitch CAC to Petra, Menine's High Fidelity. BOB with CACIB was Chip's father, Ch Silenzio's Robin Hood. He now finished his international championship! Congrats to his owner Marianne Hansen. Judge was Mr. Gert Christensen.
And in New York, Chip's litter brother Tip, USACH CDNCH Upside Down U Turn Me took an Award of Merit at PCA's Specialty Show. Congrats to his owner Christine Robichaud. Judge was Mrs. Lorraine Boutwell.
Robin Hood pictured with his son Chip
Tip in New York
27 January - Puppy show debuts
Blicci's All The Jam had his show debut last weekend at the year's first club show in and went Best Phalene Puppy.
And in France, Blicci's After Eight - "Angel" had her show debut at an international show in Bordeaux on 18 January. Her owner Mrs. Brigitte Cardoletti tells us that she showed very nicely and went Best Papillon Puppy. Angel also entered the brace class with her playmate, Toymaker's Norton, and the two small ones ended 3rd best brace in show in competition with more than 20 others! Well done and congratulations, Brigitte
Blicci's Topaze was BOS with CACIB at the same show. Congratulations to the owner, Mrs. Ma´tÚ Etchard. Judge was Mr. Janicot.
To Current News